Alcohol & drug testing course
Become a competent alcohol & drug testing officer in Australia
Acquire the essential skills and knowledge to become a certified Alcohol & Drug Testing Officer in Australia. Get accredited for HLTPAT005 Collect specimens for drugs of abuse testing to deliver alcohol and drug screening programs at workplaces effectively.
Nationally recognised & accredited
8 hours of hands-on practical application
No formal prerequisites required
Get special pricing for D&A testing devices
Alcohol & drug testing course overview
The course is designed for anyone responsible for drug and alcohol screening or collection at workplaces. In the course, you will learn:
- Relevant Australian Standards & Legislation
- Organisational guidelines & planning for alcohol & drug testing
- Different types of testing: random, reasonable cause, post-incident, etc.
- Procedures for saliva & urine drug testing
- Procedures for breath alcohol testing
- Records & testing documentation
- Understanding of potential alcohol & drug testing issues & how to deal with them
Upon completion of the course, you will be awarded the Statement of Attainment by a recognised Training Institution.