Every Andatech breathalyser is built according to the highest standards, designed to last and perform to its best at all times. The quality and integrity of our breathalysers is what gives us the confidence to offer you the longest and best industrial breathalyser warranty in Australia.
This is our promise to maintain a high degree of quality and reliability in all Andatech breathalysers to ensure that they will be able to serve you for a long time. Our aim is to make owning and using an Andatech breathalyser the best experience possible for our customers.
5 Years Guarantee
As long as you calibrate your new Andatech workplace breathalyser every 12 months, we will continue to extend its warranty on a yearly basis for up to 5 years, regardless of the number of tests your breathalyser has done.
If you feel like upgrading before the 5 years is up, the balance of your extended warranty remains with the breathalyser for the benefit of its new owner, as long as the conditions of the guarantee are still being met. So you can pass it on or sell the breathalyser with the added value it brings. Plus, if you upgrade to a new Andatech breathalyser, it’ll get the same 5 year guarantee.
Product Models Covered
All Andatech Handheld Workplace Breathalyzers are covered. This includes:
- Andatech Prodigy series
- Andatech Precision series
- Andatech Surety
- Andatech Sentry
You must register your warranty online at my.andatech.com.au (My Andatech) within 90 days of purchase and upload your breathalyser serial number/s and their proof of purchase.
This allows us to validate your breathalyser, its purchase, and send you email reminders you when its calibration is due.
This is also required for us to keep track of your calibrations and extend your eligibility for the extended warranty.
Your My Andatech account will also be required if you decide to sell your breathalyser in the future and transfer it to a new owner.
It is our aim to provide you with quality products that you can trust. Our products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or a refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The product is guaranteed to be free from defects in workmanship and parts for a period of 5 years from the date of purchase. Defects that occur within this warranty period, under normal use and care, will be repaired, replaced or refunded at our discretion, solely at our option with no charge for parts and labour. The benefits conferred by this warranty are in addition to all rights and remedies in respect of the product that the consumer has under the Trade Practices Act and similar state laws.
Proof of Purchase
This warranty is valid for the original purchase and is transferable. Please keep your purchase docket or receipt as proof of purchase and as proof of the date on which the purchase was made. The purchase docket (or a copy) or receipt must be presented with the warranty when making a claim under this warranty.
General Information Regarding Warranty
Terms and Conditions (from 1 April 2019)
This new Andatech breathalyser warranty coverage is subject to the conditions outlined under:
- Warranty Policy Statements
- What is Not Covered
- Owner’s Responsibilities
This Andatech 5 Year Breathalyser Warranty applies only to Andatech Handheld Workplace / Industrial Breathalysers that are registered and located within Australia only.
Warranty Coverage Period
The Andatech 5 Year Breathalyser Warranty commences from the purchase date of the breathalyser as shown in a valid proof of purchase.
The Andatech breathalyser must be registered in the My Andatech system within 90 days of purchase.
The breathalyser must also be regularly calibrated at least once a year from the date of purchase in order to continue being covered by the Andatech 5 Year Breathalyser Warranty.
Any lapse in yearly calibrations will void the warranty coverage.
What is Covered
Andatech warrants that your new breathalyser is free from defects in material or workmanship, subject to the following terms and conditions. Andatech will make necessary repairs, using genuine Andatech parts, to correct any defects in material or workmanship covered by this warranty without charge to you. Refer to the further details below for specific warranty coverage guidelines and terms and conditions.
Change of Owner
During the warranty period, the Andatech 5 Year Breathalyser Warranty is transferable to subsequent owners of the registered breathalyser.
If you have purchased or sold a used Andatech breathalyser, please contact Andatech’s customer support team to notify them of the change of ownership.
You must have a valid My Andatech account for the transfer of ownership.
Andatech reserves the right to make changes or have changes made to breathalysers built and/or sold by Andatech and its authorised dealers at any time, without incurring any obligation to make the same or similar changes to breathalysers previously built and/or sold.
1. Warranty Policy Statements
5 Years Warranty
Andatech provides a 5 Year Breathalyser Warranty against defects arising in materials or manufacture for all industrial or workplace breathalysers sold from 1 April 2019.
Andatech warrants the breathalyser against defects arising in materials or manufacture except where items are expressly excluded or for which a separate warranty applies.
The Andatech 5 Year Breathalyser Warranty is subject to the terms and conditions detailed in these Terms and Conditions, including the sections on “What is Not Covered” and “Owner’s Responsibility”.
The Andatech 5 Year Breathalyser Warranty does NOT apply to breathalysers used at any time during the warranty period for commercial use. Breathalysers used for rental or hire will need to be kept in good condition until the end of the rental period in order for its warranty to be valid.
The owner may be required to provide service and calibration records, evidence of usage history for the owner and previous owner/s and other breathalyser records to establish the breathalyser’s warranty status and to establish that the breathalyser has not been operated for commercial use.
5 Years Parts Warranty
Any parts that require repair or replacement during the warranty period as a result of a manufacturing fault is covered by the Andatech 5 Year Breathalyser Guarantee.
These parts include:
- Breathalyser casing
- LCD screen or touch screen
- Pump sensor
- Flow rate sensor
- Internal batteries
- Built-in features (e.g. printer, camera)
Defects that may result from insufficient or improper maintenance or care, are excluded from the Andatech 5 Year Breathalyser Warranty.
Accessories and consumables such as mouthpieces, sampling cups, batteries, soft pouches, hard cases, printer rolls, printers, and other external accessories or features that are not built-in to the breathalyser are excluded from the warranty.
Transfer of Warranty
This warranty is transferable to the new owner in the event that the breathalyser is sold during the warranty period.
The new and previous owners must notify Andatech of the change of ownership and the breathalyser must have already been registered in My Andatech and have its original proof of purchase uploaded prior to the subsale.
The period and validity of the warranty after the ownership transfer will still be subject to the original proof of purchase and the terms and conditions outlined by Andatech.
Non Genuine Accessories
Andatech does not recommend the fitment of non-genuine, unapproved or unauthorised accessories.
Non genuine, unapproved or unauthorised accessories are NOT covered by the Andatech 5 Year Breathalyser Warranty. In the event of a concern please refer to the express warranties of the respective manufacturers or suppliers.
To the extent allowable by law, the liability of Andatech under this warranty is limited solely to the repair or replacement of parts defective in material or workmanship.
Such replacement or repair is to be carried out by a Andatech, and specifically does not include any expenses, consequential loss, indirect loss, economic loss, loss of revenue or special loss, which are not reasonably foreseeable that may arise from any defect of a breathalyser.
Other Terms and Conditions
This warranty is given in lieu of all other express warranties (except those set forth separately in these Terms and Conditions on the part of Andatech).
No dealer, or any agent or employee thereof, or any other person, is authorised to extend or enlarge upon the terms of this warranty.
2. What is Not Covered
The items specified below are not covered by the Andatech 5 Year Breathalyser Warranty:
- Damage due to factors beyond the manufacturer’s control, including but not limited to:
- Improper operation, misuse, abuse, lack of reasonable care (proper usage is described in the product’s User Manual)
- Accidents such as impact, fire, theft, etc.
- Unauthorised alteration, modifications, tampering or attempted repair
- Any damage caused by a lightning strike either directly or indirectly, or a main power surge or liquid ingress
- Any damage caused by improper power input or improper cable connection
- Any damage due to lack of proper maintenance and calibrations as described in the User Manual
- Improper maintenance or the use of other than the specified parts and accessories as recommended in the User Manual
- Normal deterioration - normal wear, tear or deterioration such as discolouration, fading, staining etc. which occur due to normal exposure, general wear and tear and usage
- Any defects caused by repairs or parts replacements by other than an authorised Andatech repair centre
- Defects caused by or attributable to modifications not carried out by or at the direction of Andatech
- Defects caused by attributable to the use of non-genuine Andatech parts or accessories
- Maintenance such as calibrations or proper care as described in the User Manual
- Replenishment or replacement of accessories (such as the hard case, hard pouch, USB cables, etc.) and consumables (such as batteries, mouthpieces, sampling cups, printer papers, etc.) as a result of normal use, wear and tear
- Appearance defects which are not apparent unless magnified or which are considered to be of minor cosmetic nature and having no effect upon the general appearance or quality of the breathalyser or, which are representative of the standard of finish accepted by the manufacturer.
- Any damage due to water, flood, storm, snow, natural disasters or similar environmental circumstances / conditions
- The fuel cell sensor, which has a limited service life expectancy depending on usage conditions
- The PCB, which only becomes faulty if the breathalyser is dropped or impacted
- Any repair of a breathalyser on which the sensor, password or parts have been altered
- Defects deemed by Andatech as being attributable to the failure to adhere to the requirements regarding periodic calibration and maintenance services
- Any economic loss, which is not a reasonably foreseeable loss. This may include, without limitation, consequential loss, incidental loss, indirect loss, economic loss, loss of revenue, special loss and other expenses or damage
3. Owner’s Responsibilities
You are responsible for properly operating and maintaining your Andatech breathalyser in accordance with the instructions described in your User Manual.
In order to have repairs made under the Andatech 5 Year Breathalyser Warranty, you must calibrate your breathalyser at least once a year from the date of purchase. Any lapse in yearly calibrations will void the warranty coverage.
You must also retain calibration records to show that the required calibrations have been performed. It is the owner’s responsibility to ensure that calibration services are carried out as required at the time of service.
Andatech will not necessarily deny a warranty claim solely because you do not have records to show that you have maintained or calibrated your breathalyser. However, damage or failures caused by lack of proper maintenance or calibrations are not covered under warranty. In some cases, you may be asked to provide proof of servicing and breathalyser maintenance to verify whether warranty coverage is available for some types of repairs.
For your convenience, calibration reminders and all calibration and service records completed by Andatech are kept in your My Andatech account online. We highly recommend that you register your breathalyser on My Andatech as soon as you receive your breathalyser in order to receive the email reminders and maintain proper records.
If you sell your breathalyser, you should provide your calibration records to the new owner.
If your breathalyser requires repair or service, you must contact Andatech for the repair or warranty claim.
Calibrations and repairs must be done by Andatech’s Authorised Calibration and Service Centres, listed below. This list may be updated periodically.